Dr. Evans limits his practice to Maxillofacial and Facial Aesthetic Surgery. He has been successfully improving patients’ faces for over 40 years. Dr. Evans has lectured nationally and internationally about facial surgery. He has published numerous scientific articles about facial surgery and written chapters in five surgery textbooks.
Education and Qualifications
- College of Wooster (3 years) – BA in Chemistry
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry – DDS (Summa Cum Laude)
- The Ohio State University Graduate School – MSc in Anatomy (Head and Neck)
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine (3 years) – MD
- The Ohio State University Hospitals – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- Grant Medical Center – Medicine Residency
- Certified -American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Certified – American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (Facial)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Associate Professor – The Ohio State University
- Assistant Professor – University of Michigan
- Associate Professor – University of Illinois – Chicago
- Medical Staff – The Ohio State University Hospitals
- Medical Staff – Grant Medical Center
- Medical Staff – Columbus Children’s Hospital
- Medical Staff – University of Illinois Medical Center
Dr. Evans has a Master’s Degree in Anatomy and is recognized internationally for his knowledge of facial surgical anatomy. He has both a medical degree and a dental degree. Facial aesthetic surgery is a very precise science and requires demanding manual dexterity. Dr. Evans believes his dental training is most important in enabling him to perform these meticulous surgical procedures well.
Dr. Evans’ practice and surgicenter had previously been accredited for 15 years by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the gold standard of accreditation. The Grant Surgical & Heart Center, where we currently perform all of our surgeries is accredited by the Joint Commission. The September 2013 issue of Consumer Reports gave the Grant Surgical & Heart Center the highest rating for surgery safety.